Sunday, July 4, 2010

30 years

the weekend rob asked me to marry him our parents met for the first time.

i don't think i realized at that time the significance of that weekend.
i mean...i got that i was getting married! and I was stinkin' excited!
but i don't know if i truly understood how blessed i was that
both my parents and my in-laws were together.
not just in the same place.
but TOGETHER.

as our parents talked that weekend they realized they had a lot in common:
not only were their personalities and values similar, but they also
(1) were all born in the same year. 1958. yes, all FOUR of them!
AND
(2) they got married TWO DAYS APART!

June 30, 1980 --Mr. and Mrs. Kirk Hemmert
July 2, 1980--Mr. and Mrs. Robert Haude Jr.

and 30 years later we get to celebrate marriage with them.
my parents came for the weekend.
we took them out to eat and had fun just hanging out with them.
we look forward to the next time we get to do that with rob's parents.
we love spending time with both sets of parents. how lucky are we?!?!?



our parents' marriages have provided rob and I with such a great foundation.
it's a beautiful picture of family. not perfect. (whatever that means anyways) but it is truly beautiful. and i am so thankful.

Mom and Dad (x2)--WE CELEBRATE YOU!
We celebrate how hard you have worked to make your marriages work for the past 30 years.
We rejoice that you have prayed together, laughed together, and cried together for over 30 years.
We thank you for your commitment to each other and to us, your children.

Rob and I love marriage.
I entered into marriage with great joy and anticipation
because I saw how much my parents loved each other.
I know that Rob would say they same thing if HE were writing this blog :)

Here's to 30 YEARS!
hip-hip-hooray!
and to another 30 MORE!

1 comment:

  1. Amen. Amen. Amen.
    Pass my congratulations for 30 yrs onto BOTH sets of parents. How blessed you both are! Praise God for committed marriages.

    ReplyDelete