Thursday, July 29, 2010

campfire evenings


camping is not camping without fire.

amerie, dianne and i have been hiking/camping together now for four years.
every year my job is to start the fire.

this year i drove up a day later than the others because of work
so they ate microwavable meals and didn't have a fire

it is good to know that people need me :)
here are my feet warming by my work of art
i take pride in my fire building abilities.
so keep your comments to yourself!


dianne and tiffany enjoying the fire.
don't let the look on dianne's face deceive you. she liked it.

our meals consisted of burgers and bbq chicken.
as always, cooking over the fire was an experience.
the chicken got a little burned.
the beans were either boiling hot or cold.
our face hairs were singed from leaning too close.
we didn't have the most appropriate utensils for cooking over a fire
but with my mad problem-solving skills, we made do....
yes, that is a towel wrapped around my arm and a small fork in my hand.
hey. it got the job done. no one starved.
see. Am is enjoying her veggie burger.
cutting it up into tiny little pieces.
eating it bite. by bite.
by little, tiny bite.
that's how she rolls. :)
i love you, Am.

and no campfire meal is complete without s'mores.
the first night we went through one entire bag of mallows.
i'm blaming it mostly on Amerie.
i lost count when she passed 20.
the second night Amerie and I were alone....
and we consumed HALF of another bag.
disgusting?
nah!

i just couldn't get enough.
i even combined my love of choc. covered strawberries with my love of s'mores.
a.maze.ing.
seriously. you have to try it.
you know you want to!
my mouth is watering. literally. watering.
maybe i'll dream about it tonight?
that might be as close as I should get to a bag of mallows for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment