Wednesday, June 23, 2010

wednesdays

are crazy at Excelsior.
not sure why...
but hump-day and troubled adolescent girls just don't seem to get along.

last wednesday one of my clients had an hour long standoff making googly eyes at her girlfriend.
"babe. babe, just stay with me, babe."
lovely.

today one of my clients mooned her class after a verbal altercation with a peer.
nice, huh?
when i tried to talk to her later because she was upset about being in trouble
she yelled at me and crumbled into tears.
even the most tough girls have a fragile side.

i couldn't figure out a word for "mooning" in spanish.
so when i called the mom I had to say, "she lowered her pants in class"
weird.

i love my job.
it is definitely an adventure.
i'm laughing even as i write this.

this week I have been memorizing Romans 5 and praying this verse over my work:
"we rejoice also in suffering, for we know that suffering leads to perseverance, perseverance to character, and character to hope. and hope does not disappoint because Christ has poured out his love into our hearts..."

2 comments:

  1. i love to hear little snippets from your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to read about what you're doing. And I love that you can take it all with a 'grain of humor' ;)
    Keep posting because I am sure you will provide ample entertainment for those like myself, no job, no children (yet), and a little lonely throughout the day. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete