Friday, July 16, 2010

this day

i have been looking forward to this day for awhile now.
a bit dramatic?
maybe.
but i was seriously in need of a day off.
one where NOTHING is planned.
where NOTHING has to be done.

rob asked me a few days ago what i wanted to today, my day off.
i said, "nothing."
which wasn't entirely true.
i usually end up wanting to do something.
but my point was that i didn't want to THINK about what to do.
no planning.
i just wanted to let my heart lead me.

i've found that when life feels out of balance....
which it has this week.
i worked a lot of hours
and stressful stuff came up
and i was gone ALL weekend last weekend (pictures of that coming soon! it was a GREAT time!)
and having family in town the weekend prior.
whew.
please don't read this as complaining.
I AM NOT COMPLAINING.
the last month has been full of great things.
it's just that it has been FULL.

which left me feeling all out-of-whack.
i'm still trying to find my rhythm in this whole full-time-work thing.
when to do the laundry. plan meals. make meals. clean the house.
exercise. read my Bible. journal.
and be still.
so far, i just haven't figured it out.
but i know that I will
because I always do.
with God's grace.
and His strength.

so today i found time to BE STILL.
(and clean the house)
but my main focus was on being still and just letting my mind rest.

and what better place to do that
than at the beach:

okay, so there aren't any waves (which is a major bummer)
and it was ridiculously hot.
but we made it work.
and who cares where i'm at when i have this hottie beside me....


right?
i mean, really, how much better could it get :)

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for you as you figure out the balance. I know you will. :)
    I'm glad you had a day to be still. I wish we could be still together. Miss and love you always.

    ReplyDelete