Thursday, July 15, 2010

driving across the plains...



we drove through kansas this weekend.
okay. confession. rob drove through kansas. twice.
i looked out the window, talked, sang songs, read a book, slept, talked on the phone.
you get the point :)

but i wanted to share one of my favorite things about kansas:




the sky.
so much sky.
the perfect shade of blue.
big fluffy summertime clouds.
great sunsets that go on forever....
ya know, since there is nothing to block the sun :)
there are benefits to miles and miles of nothing.....right?



in case you were wondering what i looked like on our road trip :)



oh, kansas, i do love your skies.
and miles and miles of open fields.
wheat. corn. milo. grass. cattle.

I guess the old saying is true:
"you can take the girl out of the country.
but you can't take the
country out of the girl"
:)

1 comment:

  1. Those were good memories I'm sure. wish Mom could have been there,too. I would like that trip myself, I would like to plan a train trip. Miss you all. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete