Monday, March 25, 2013

time with my mama

my mom came to spend a few days with me
while rob was out of town. 

it was wonderful. 

we started our time together at the salon. we both got a cut.
and I got a color. 
it was loooong overdue. 
I was lookin' rough. 

then we shared some yummy Mexi food 
and headed back to my casa.
where we got busy working. 

here's something I realized this weekend:
I get more done when my mom is around. 

I think I already knew this. 
in high school I used to beg her 
to come sit on my bed and talk to me while I cleaned my room. 

which, by the time I got around to cleaning it, 
was usually a disaster.
my house cleaning skills have really improved since then. 
on most days any way. 

 
I just liked having her company while I cleaned. 
talking. laughing. 
and usually she could be talked into folding a few things while she sat there :)
 

she's beautiful, huh?
yep.
I've got a good mama.

so this weekend we painted the entire basement.
and filled in the cracks on the great wall of paneling. (this involved a lot of sanding!)
and sanded/primed the basement ceiling.
AND got caught up on all the laundry. Hallelujah!
AND we cooked a meal for the 3 college boys living in the basement.

oh, and for the record,
in case you ever hear my husband argue differently,
I did at LEAST 4 loads/sink-fulls of dishes this week. at least.

productivity at its finest, folks.
brought to you by my dearest mother.

mom-
thanks for coming to stay with me. 
I loved my 1on1 time with you.
it was good for my heart.
and my house. 
I am so incredibly thankful for you.

I miss you already. 

love, 
your O&O :)

No comments:

Post a Comment