Tuesday, April 2, 2013

what march looked like

this is what my March looked like:

the first weekend of the month I took a solo road trip back to Colorado. 
I realized that it was the first long trip I'd taken by myself in years. 
it was really, really wonderful. 
don't get me wrong, 
I love traveling with my hubby, 
but it was just really great to have all that time to just think and pray and talk on the phone and listen to this book on my kindle. so, so good. 

I drove to ft. collins and stayed the night with kristen. 
we ate breakfast and spent the day walking & shopping in the sunshine.
 
glorious. look at that sunshine. 

saturday I drove down to Denver and stayed with the lovely Holmes family. 
their house is one of my favorite places. 
probably because they are one of my absolute favorite families. 
and emily has really awesome style. :)
we ate yummy food and laughed and had great conversation. 
it was goooooood. 
 
i apparently forgot to take ANY pictures though. 
boo. 

monday of that weekend I had a three hour coffee date with taryn. 
she's awesome. 
her and her husband mentored rob and I for over a year. 
it was transformational for us. and we love them dearly. 

on my way out of town, 
I visited Excelsior for a few hours
and was reminded once again why I LOVED working there. 
I miss those people something fierce. 
it was seriously one of the best jobs ever. 
challenging? exhausting? difficult? yes. 
but still. I loved it. 

my weekend trip to Colorado was my early bday present to myself. 
and it was so great. so so great. 
as I drove back to Kansas I felt energized and refreshed. 
I also felt secure and confident, 
knowing that Kansas is "home" for us. and that it is GOOD.
but that I'll always have a place and piece of me in Colorado. 

which, it was really great that I came back feeling refreshed
because march was full of challenges emotionally. 
we JUMPED into the adoption process.
we contracted with our agency--and then I proceeded to freak out for about 24 hours.
we started working on our dossier--and I made a note book to keep my from panicking. 

 
we got fingerprinted and sent in all our back ground checks for our home study.
it's been a journey already!
and, you guys, we are only about 6 weeks in. yeesh!


this is what my nightstand looks like most of the time. 

 

and ever evolving mound of books. 
I added these to the piles, as well. 



my mom and brother also came to kansas for a visit. 
rob and I spent a weekend in wichita hanging out with them
and these cuties:
 
 love. love. love.
naked blonde baby.
finger sucking blonde boy. 
cuddles for all. 
so so great. 

for christmas I bought haven this DVD.
bahaha!
I loved this when I was a kid. 
sage, my brother, apparently did not. 
he does not even remember it. 
go to YouTube and type in Wee Sing in Sillyville. Do it. It's worth the laugh. 
and then you will understand why Mackoy was doing this:

"I'm SUPER FROG!"
 


"Have you ever seen a frog, walking a dog?!"
"A frog, walking a DOG?"

we may have sang those ridiculous songs for hours. 
i may or may not have video to prove it :)

I love being an aunt. 
and I can't wait for our kids to play with their cousins.
and giggle and dance and act silly with us. 
I dream of that day. 



 rob went to Cali for a week. 
my mom came to stay with me and we got busy on the basement. 
I spent lots of time with friends. 

I met new friends. 
like this lovely lady who is waiting and praying for her boys to come home from Ethiopia. 

I ran not enough miles in preparation for the half marathon on may 5.gulp.

march was full. 
march was good.
 march has come and gone.

 and here's to hoping that april is jsut as full. 
but maybe not quite as busy. 

maybe?


























1 comment:

  1. I've been reading "No Greater Love" too!! So good. I saw that you can tour the Bring Love In facility in Ethiopia. I'm excited to see more from them! :)

    ReplyDelete