Friday, March 8, 2013

redemption

at one point, not that long ago,
having biological children first was Plan A.
but today, becoming parents through adoption has become Plan A.
deep in my soul.
this is my first choice.
our first choice.
God changed us.
and we are excited about that.
and we know that the changing and transforming has only begun. 

and honestly,
adoption wasn't God's first choice for these children either.
that may really rock some people's theology.
but it's what I believe when I read Scripture and look at the world.

let me explain:
I believe that God's perfect plan, in a perfect world would be that all children are raised by their biological parents and grow up knowing how much they are loved.
enter sin and broken world.
because this world is broken, and there are things like death, poverty, war, & sin,
some children are left without parents.
and God sees those babies (and couples who can't have children)
and HE REDEEMS.
he reaches down and redeems what has been lost and broken.
just like he did with me.
I was lost and broken and separated from the One who created me.
He redeemed me.

and the REALLY exciting part is that after He redeemed me,
He invited me to be a part of His redemptive work here on earth.

and that, my friends, is what adoption is about.
it's taking what was not originally Plan A,
and making it Plan A.
it's taking what was (and is) broken,
and proving a way of healing and hope.

it's beautiful. 

and writing this post this morning is a beautiful reminder for me of why I am jumping into months of paperwork, waiting, fundraising, and emotionally taxing experiences.

I needed this reminder today. 

so, thanks for reading.
and for jumping in with us.
we're going to need you.
(those of who you knew me 5 years ago, will know how HUGE that last sentence was for me to type! ha!)

1 comment: