Monday, June 21, 2010

weekend with friends

have you seen Couples Retreat, the movie where a group of friends
end up on a crazy island with therapists instead of cabana-boys.
well, we had our own version a couple weeks ago.
minus the therapists, of course, and all the drama.
(I know what you're thinking...I don't count. on either account:) )

in college rob lived in a house with a dozen guys.
or something crazy like that. :)
two weeks ago seven of them (+ wives)
had a mini-reunion here in colorado.

another bonus of being married to robbie :)
i still get to hang out with my guy friends from college!

we had a wonderful time in the mountains.
beautiful place.
beautiful people.
eating, laughing, playing games.
we spent one afternoon wandering around Grand Lake.


the 2nd night we talked about marriage:
laughed about our first fights and embarrassing moments.
shared about the struggles, the joys, and the ways God is at work.

most importantly, we rejoiced that we were not in this alone.
i love marriage, and I love friends.
good stuff.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your blog! So much fun for dad and I to see pictures to go along with your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just think how different next years photos will look.. ;) ;) ;)
    I wonder who will bring their babies and who will bring their bellies!!! I love this group!

    ReplyDelete