Thursday, June 10, 2010

exciting news

I really like office supply stores.
Not as much as I like bookstores,
but it is up there.

I like the thought of buying all kinds of thing to get organized.
This is probably why I really look forward to January.
The month when I get to select the perfect planner for the coming year.
It's all clean and ready for me to fill-up with stuff.

wow. I sound a bit crazy.
Honestly, I can go days without opening my planner.

Nevertheless, the task of picking out a planner is very crucial to one's organization scheme.
:)
Well, this January I went all out.
I splurged on a full-blown appointment book.
With time slots and everything.
It's my big girl planner.

I told myself, "This is the year you get a REAL job! Go for it!"

Maybe it was a bit prophetic...

I GOT A JOB!

I started today at Excelsior Youth Center.
I'll be the Treatment Coordinator/Therapist for 7-8 adolescent girls and their families.
I am so so SO excited.
And I am praising GOD for His goodness and faithfulness.

I do not deserve this.
I have not done anything to earn it.
God totally provided this and I want to give Him the glory.

One month ago I was graduating from graduate school and Rob was getting ready to wrap up another year as a paraprofessional.
We both recognized that we might neither have a "real" job this coming fall.
A month later,
WE BOTH HAVE JOBS!

Within ONE WEEK
Rob found out about,
applied for,
interviewed for,
and was hired as
a special education TEACHER at Westerly Creek Elementary school.

Within ONE MONTH of graduation
I have landed a really great job
with a great organization.
A job that I am really excited about!

We feel so blessed.
We praise God.
We have JOBS!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats Erica! PTL for His faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Erica! I was just in an IEP meeting this week placing a child in an RTC and we talked about Excelsior in Colorado. Crazy! God is so good!
    ~Amanda DuFour

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda- we get a lot of kiddie from Cali. It is a really great agency!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know it truly is amazing! You have found favor with God and I am so excited for you. What a blessing to find work so quickly when it is a tough market to find work in. I cannot even express how happy I am for the both of you!! You are going to do GREAT at your new job. And I can't wait to see pictures of your office. (remember, there better be a picture of me in your office somewhere!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wooohooo! congrats!!!! glad to see that you're loving it!

    ReplyDelete