Monday, April 8, 2013

from the mouth of babes

one way that we have handled waiting for our own children,
is taking time to enjoy the children that ARE currently in our life.

and because we are in "that" stage of life--
ya know, the one where everyone & their mom is having a kid 
(okay, okay..no one's MOM is having a kid)--
there is never a shortage. :)
it has not been difficult to find some cute kids to love on and laugh at. 

in fact, this winter at a tabor basketball game,
the alumni office was handing out pom-poms to children.
as I walked by the table,
someone who knows me
--she sees me on a weekly basis--
offered me a pom-pom for "your little one."
when I informed her that I did not have any children,
 she looked shocked and commented that she sees me holding one all the time.
 true. I just borrow them.


lydia and I are BFF's.
I love getting quality time in with her and watching her personality continue to grow.
she is full of life.

she says the most hilarious things. 
and yet buried within the humor,
is so much truth and beauty.

yesterday I hung out with her for a couple of hours. 
while we were playing, the sun peeked out from behind the clouds and she said:
"oh, hey! there you are, God!"

she also really likes to make up songs. 

at first, yesterday's song seemed completely random to me. 
but then, as I watched the video over again, 
I realized how much wisdom
came from her 2 year old mouth.

yes, sweet Lydia-girl, we should all SHOUT for joy and do our share.
:)

I have a lot of waiting before me.
in the midst of this season of waiting I will continue to
shout of joy & do what I can.
I will enjoy the blessings of friendships and children,
making memories with my beautiful nieces & nephews.
I will fill out paperwork and answer a ridiculous # of personal questions.
I will do my "share"-what I can in this moment.
I will pray for my babes until the day that I can bring them home.
and I will do so with as much joy as the Lord gives me.
I will choose joy. and do my share.


 

 
if you, too, find yourself in a season of waiting for something, 
make sure you look for the blessing that might be hiding. 

they may come in the form of a 2-year-old's silly song. 

how to you handle waiting? what have you found helpful in seasons of wait?
   


2 comments:

  1. So my honest answer to that question (how do you handle waiting?) would be: Poorly. :) Thanks for the reminder to keep looking around while I wait. I can get so focused on the wait itself that I forget to live right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. You're going to be an amazing mother. :)

    ReplyDelete