Friday, December 14, 2012

instaFriday

a recap of the last couple of weeks
via pics from my phone. 

we got our tree up and decorated one evening after we got back from the ranch. 
sitting in my chair next to tree is my favorite place in the mornings and evenings. 
and I still love these Christmas mugs that were a wedding gifts from a dear friend.

two Fridays in a row we have gone to watch my cousin Karli play high school basketball. 
which has meant three weekends in a row of snuggling this little lady. 
it's my favorite. 
we love to sandwhich moments of snuggling in between lots of dancing and singing. 
pep bands are perfect for dancing along to, ya know. 

being in Wichita also meant that I got to snuggle with this guy:
 
haha. 
cousin love. 


Students finished up the semester and headed home for Christmas break,
which has left things pretty quiet around the office. 
I took the time to look into getting my Kansas LPC license. 
gross. it just made me anxious. 
so much for being easy-peasy.
I'll keep you posted on how that unfolds.

tis the season of festivities. 
this past weekend the fam-bam got all bundled up....it finally felt like winter in Kansas...
and went to Botanica Gardens Illuminations
it was beautiful. 
haven let me hold her and she was mesmerized by the lights and music. 
she eventually fell asleep staring at a light display. 
afterwards we loaded up in the SUV
stopped for some hot cocoa
and went to look at more lights.



the next evening we went to a concert with my mom and the waldrons
(should have taken more pictures!)
 the concert was manneheim steamroller. 
and it was amazing. 
definitely worth seeing. 

this week was the tabor faculty/staff christmas party. 
we ate a really yummy meal, watched a funny christmas skit, 
and sang some carols together as a tabor community.


I've been rather emotional all week, 
so it probably wasn't the best idea for me to spend the evening 
catching up on episodes of parenthood. 


did anyone else watch this week?!?!
intense. 
i was a mess.



 AND.
I finally wrapped some gifts last night!
I am proud to say that I only have ONE gift left to buy,
and that there are gifts under our tree. 

it was really hard for me to get into the gift-buying mood this year,
but I tried to be intentional and personal with my selections,
and I am excited for what we are giving this year. 
should be fun. 

so that's a quick recap. 
it's good for me to do these recap posts. 
makes me realize that we are blessed. 
have much to be thankful for. 
and really are trying to live life to the fullest. :) 
Happy Friday, ya'll!

linking up with jeanett.

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your pictures. The mug and the Christmas tree made me think of the relief you feel when all the decorating is done and you can sit back and enjoy. I love Parenthood too. They put us through the ringer this week, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! That was exactly what that was. relief :) and some yummy cider! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Checking in from LR.

    That mug is just darling! Decorating is hard work, but it is totally worth it. The putting away is the worst part :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking in :) I do love decorating. If only I had more time to do it. I'm still trying to get the last of the Christmas stuff up! yikes! And I agree...putting away is not nearly as rewarding.

      Delete
  3. Parenthood- I was a blubbering mess! Love the show.

    ReplyDelete