Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Advent Conspiracy

For whatever reason, this holiday season I have really been thinking about what I want Christmas to be about.

What do I want Christmas to look like? sound like? feel like?

I want Christmas to look hopeful. to sound joyful. and to feel peaceful. 

hope.
joy.
peace.

I don't know about you, but I have only been able to TRULY find these things through Jesus.
The world promises me security (false hope), happiness (temporary joy), and peace (in a cup of coffee)... but I have found that none of this lasts. Not really. Not for long.

My soul is only satisfied by Jesus.

So, if I want Christmas to be full of hope, joy and peace, 
then I need Christmas to be about JESUS.

(you're thinking. Well, duh, Erica!)

but hold up.
stop the bus.
HOW do we make Christmas about Jesus?

Well, I think the people behind  Advent Conspiracy are on to something.
Click the link.
Watch the video.
Tell me what you think.

How are you going to invite Jesus to be the center of your Christmas?
I'm going to try to post some ideas and ways that Rob and I are going to GIVE this Christmas.
Maybe you'll join us.


Leave a comment about what you are up to this Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment