Saturday, October 2, 2010

take me out to the ballgame

"take me out with the crowd!
buy me some peanuts and crackerjacks!
I don't care if I never get back..."



one of our favorite thing about living in Denver is getting to attend sporting events.
Rob really likes baseball.
I like attending baseball games.
notice the difference :)
but, hey! it's a happy marriage.

a couple weeks ago we jumped on the Light Rail and headed downtown for a couple games.


Game 1: Arizona Diamondbacks.

We decided to make it a full-on date night and ate at Wynkoop Brewery before the game.


isn't he cute?


having a little fun at the bar.

and then it was off to Coors Field where we met up with Justin and Sara.
Justin and I grew up together. Some of my earliest memories involve Justin, his four brothers, and his wonderful parents.
Halloween 1990 (ish) I was Snow White.
The boys were my dwarfs. :)
At times, there are definitely benefits to being the only girl.

it was so great to see Justin and his sweet wife Sara.
I really hope that we can do it more often.
Thanks for the invite, guys!

Game #2: San Diego Padres

Rob tried to get me to wear Padres gear with him.
But....I just couldn't do it.
I think that I am officially becoming a Rockies fan.
I have avoided having "favorite" teams my entire life.
there is just so much commitment involved...
you are locked in.
you have to cheer for them and against rivals.
it is so much easier to be "undecided."

but Denver is where Rob and I have started life together.
Even if we don't stay here forever, there will always be something special about this place.
I think I will always have a fondness for this city.
So, I just might commit to being a Denver Sports Fan.
We are already hard core Broncos fans.
Rob was raised a Broncos fan and it was an easy choice for me.
but Nuggets and Rockies are still up in the air.
(Don't worry, Kansas State still has my heart in College Sports!)

Rob is not on board with this.
California still has his heart. I get it. That's fine.

I'm getting nervous even as I type this.
you think I'm kidding. but I'm not.
Seriously!?!? do I have commitment issues?
What if I decide I don't want to be a Rockies fan in a few years?
So much easier to just stay neutral....eeek!

Okay, moving on....

Back to Game #2


we met up with Dan and Ryan Kester--2nd and 3rd cousins of mine.
We love hanging out with Dan.
even though he's old (wink, wink), he is a lot of fun.
and I hadn't seen Ryan in over 15 years!
When we were going through the line for dinner, I thought he wasn't old enough to drink. ha!
he has graduated from college already.
Sorry, Ryan!

we sat in the outfield on a beautiful fall evening.
it was SUCH a great time.
Padres ended up winning by one run.
it was a great game. lots of energy. lots of fun.
just a bummer for us Rockies fans :)



another reason I think I could like the Rockies....Purple.
I'm totally down with Purple.

"Let me root, root, root for the home team,
if they don't win it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes you're out
at the old ball game!"

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand the commitment issues.
    My only loyalties are KU (sorry friend) and that is because it is a family thing.... and my other loyalty is to the Dodgers (and that is a marriage thing). See, I have no real individuall decided sports team commitments. :)

    ReplyDelete