Monday, October 18, 2010

change is a good thing

be patient with me.
i got the urge to simplify my blog.
rearrange.
declutter.

i've got the itch for change.
i'm seriously longing for space in my life.
margin.
simplicity.
room.

the 1 bedroom apartment we are living in right now is such a huge blessing. it's cheap. comfortable. convenient.
but it's just that--a 1 bedroom apartment.
AND this is the longest I have lived anywhere since I first moved away from home and went to college.
seriously.

check it out:

August '02....left WaKeeeny for Hillsboro, KS and 4 incredible years at Tabor College.
May '03...packed up my dorm room in Regier Hall and went to Lampe, Missouri for a summer at Kanakuk Kamp
August '03...back to Tabor, this time living in East Hall.
May '04...back to Lampe, Missouri
August '04...back to the 'Boro. This time I thought I would try living out a Cedar Hall where I had my own room.
May '05...moved to Wichita for the summer.
August '05...one last time I moved back to Tabor. This time I moved into the only female dorm that I had yet to live in...Ediger Hall.
May '06...moved out of Tabor one last time. whew.
May '06-December '06 .....Wichita, KS.
January '07-February '07....Abbottsford, British Columbia, Canada
March '07-June '07....Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
July '07-January '08...back to Wakeeney, Kansas.
January '08...Denver, lived with the Nikkel family
May '08..married my best friend and moved into 3400 S Lowell Ct, Denver CO...our first home
May '09...moved with my best friend to Bailey, Colorado...our second home
August '09...moved BACK down to the city, to this one bedroom apartment...our third home.

and that brings us to the present day. October '10.
14 months since my last move.

i'm tired just typing that all.

but i've become accustomed to change.
moving.
rearranging.
reorganizing.
settling and re-settling.

and i find myself wanting that again. now.
mostly because I long for more space.
and a little bit of stability.
i'm ready for what's next.

or atleast I think I am.

but I'm still trying to hold it all loosely, as they say.
and pray.
instead of grasping and grabbing.
which is honestly what i am good at....i'm a bit of a go-getter.
not the best at the "be-still and wait" part.

back to the point of this post.....

so, I guess all of that to say...I'm taking all my urges out on my blog.
I thought maybe it would help. a little bit of change. some simplicity. declutter.

instead, i've now spent (**wasted**) over an hour messing with it.
different designs. layouts. colors. titles. blah. blah. BLAH.
and i'm tired. and a little irritated.
so i'm walking away and crawling in bed.

i'll try again tomorrow. maybe.


g'night, ya'll.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Acire. I can hear your voice as you type. And I can also imagine you working on this blog thing waaaay too long when the goal was to simplify in the first place. And you'll probably mess with it more. :)
    I am proud to say I have seen all three homes you've lived in as a married couple!! woot woot. It's also crazy to me that you've only been married one year longer than me (exactly 1 year) and I've only lived in one home for the duration. I'm afraid dear friend, that I can never leave Reedley until you see my home. So that ship sailing is all on you. haha
    Deep sigh. I loved this post because, while I don't feel that way now or know if I ever have, I just feel like I "know" what you're feeling. Keep blogging--i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I tried to redesign my blog a while back as well. I can now say with confidence that I hate the new blogger layouts. I have spent hours trying to make mine look pretty and I wish I can make it go back to the way it was before.
    Oh well such is life. My blog is a work in progress as am I.
    Love your blog Erica!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete