Saturday, October 23, 2010

the hunt

we hit the trail again this morning,
looking for our own little place to call home.
I watched a couple episodes of Property Virgins and House Hunters last night,
getting myself psyched up, learning the lingo
"Duplex Down", "Conventional vs FHA", "Seller Assist"....

HGTV makes house hunting look so glamorous.
no one ever gags because of a rancid smoke smell.
nor do they use their sleeves to avoid touching door knobs and light switches.
this morning I did both.
needless to say, that property didn't make the final cut.

but the good news is we did find a property that we put an offer in on.
so now the waiting begins. again.

my mom joked this morning that this was a great way for God to teach me patience.
it's true. i'm practicing waiting.
and sometimes it feels like it is killing me (slight over exaggeration)

waiting is something that gets easier with practice.
and having two offers fall through gives me perspective.
I want to be wise about these decisions. prayerful. patient.
not impatient or impulsive.

I don't want it to lead to this:



The line where Tom Hanks says, "It'll be fun to fix is up together..."
That is soooooo Rob.
He is my Mr. Blue Skies.
Just like his daddy.
And I love that he is so optimistic. Honestly, I do.
But is scares the begeezus out of me when it comes to our first house.

I also don't want to fall into the "American Dream"trap that says you have to own.
We don't have to, nor do we really need to...
but I will praise God and be very thankful if He allows us to become homeowners. :)
and I'll be super-excited if that home comes with a garage and a yard :) :)

we'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahaha. love this post.
    that yard will need a dog. :)

    ReplyDelete