Sunday, October 10, 2010

mama visit

my mom was here this weekend.
we shopped (my sweet, generous dad sent money for us to spend! aren't I a blessed girl?!?)
we visited over coffee.
we took a drive in the mountains.
we ate out. several times.
we watched Secretariat (I cried through the whole thing...but that is an entirely different story).

and just enjoyed being together.

there is something very refreshing for me about being with family.
even though I am REALLY behind on laundry. our apartment is a disaster. and we now officially have NO fresh produce in the fridge. sigh.

i have a crazy busy week ahead of me at work.
on top of the growing list of things I need to do at home.

and yet, after this weekend, i still feel grateful. rested. and very, very loved.
so, it's all gonna be just fine.

I still have some pictures I want to post from the past few weeks.
and hopefully tomorrow I will have some exciting news to post (no, I'm not pregnant).

but for now, I'm going to cuddle with my hubby on the couch and enjoy the last hour of my weekend before it is back. to. work.

I'm praying that God helps me remain in this grateful, content, happy place throughout the week. Maybe if I post this and then keep reading it over and over, it will help. maybe.

i can hope, right? :)

2 comments:

  1. so glad you spent the weekend with your Mom! can't wait to see pics! love you E!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aren't moms wonderful!!! I hope when Lydia is older I can a) spoil her with eating out & taking her shopping when I go visit her, and b) that she loves when I visit.


    Love you E!

    ReplyDelete