Saturday, August 20, 2011

we've moved.

again.
we moved in April to a new apartment.
yes, April.
and I'm just now posting pics.

well, i'm just now posting ANYTHING. ha!

we've had a busy summer and i have lots of things to post.
and hopefully I will be more inspired
(I almost used "disciplined," but really I want to be INSPIRED) to blog.

here's to hoping.

anyway...for now, let me give you a tour of our home.

I decided that this time
(we've moved 4 times in 3 years of marriage)
I was going to paint.
no more white-washed world.

I need COLOR!

my incredible mother and grandmother came out the day before
to help us.
on their birthday weekend (their bdays are two days apart)
they helped me pack my entire kitchen.
choose paint colors.
paint the entire master bed/bathroom, dining/living room, and kitchen.

rockstars.

after working all day, rob jumped right in to help with the kitchen.

after 8 hours of painting, we were still smiling!

so thankful for them.
and for color on the walls!

now for the tour:

when you walk in the front door, the kitchen is immediately on your left.


and the dining table on your right.
i'm going to get these floating shelves from our new IKEA for the blue accent wall.
they were sold out when we went last week.

this great consignment store find (thanks, mom!) stylishly stores
all my crafting/scrapbooking goods.
it's hard to tell in the pics, but the walls are "celery green"

the dining/living area is one open (very large) space.
which we love.
I painted the mantel and fireplace edging black.
(it was white....like every.thing.else in the entire place.)
and the piece of furniture next to the TV is another great consignment store find.

I'm looking forward to using the fireplace when the snow comes.
cuddling on our cozy new couch.
yes, you read correctly. new.

we couldn't get our big, beautiful brown couch up to our 3rd floor apartment.
we tried everything short of cutting it in half or
rigging some sort of pulley system to hoist it over the balcony.
i was sad. very sad. it was our first big purchase after we got married.
but it went to a good home where we can visit it whenever we like. :)

and now we have this lovely sofa.


we got the light brown chair at the consignment store (are you noticing a theme here!)

and the funky leaf chair was a happy present/gift from my grandma.
she's so hip, huh? :)


the apartment has two beds & two baths.
which is the most space we've ever had.
and we've definitely used it this summer with our visitors.
the spare bedroom isn't really decorated yet, so I haven't taken pictures of it yet.

but here's our master bed/bath:

the walls are called "icy blue."
they almost look lavender, at times.
very soothing.

the dresser that we bought and refinished (well, ROB refinished!)

look at all that counter space!
we went from having NO counter space. literally none.
to ten feet of it. oh yeah.

and two walk-in closets.
the door on the far left leads into our shower/toilet.

and that is all for now.
The only thing I have left to show you is our guest bed/bath.
I'll be honest. i have no idea when that will happen,
but I'll put it on my list! :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it! I want to come visit and see it...So happy you are a blogger again! I miss it so much...makes being so far apart a little easier...

    ReplyDelete