Sunday, March 27, 2011

upsets

we're watching the final seconds of the KU vs. VCU game right now.
i'm smiling. a lot.

1. because I'm a KState fan and so I can't help but grin when I see Jayhawk fans in shock (sorry friends!)

2. I love seeing the under-dog win.

who doesn't?
well, my hubby apparently doesn't!
he just said, and I quote, "They should only win during the first two rounds."
I'm not exactly sure that I follow his logic.
Maybe he is just upset about his bracket :)
He's ridiculously competitive sometimes.

this year's road to the final 4 has been full of upsets.
all four #1 teams are out.
all four!
that is almost unheard of.

seeing the underdog achievethe unthinkable makes me hopeful.
it makes me believe that anything is possible.
and there is something about this that reminds me of life with Christ.
who said "blessed are the poor,"
and "the least will be the greatest."
Jesus spent his time with the untouchables,
those that society didn't get a second thought,
who would not have met #1 no matter what the standard.

I know that my comparison here is a little far-fetched... VCU vs the poor and weak of society.

but it's the attitude of believing against the odds.
the hopefulness of cheering for that which seems impossible.

it reminds me of what an adventure life can be.
especially with my Jesus.

and it makes me like March Madness even more.
ha! KU out! no #1 seeds.

I can't stop smiling.

(p.s. I do feel a little sad for my friends who like KU and for the KU players. Losing stinks.)

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't stop smiling either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't even read this whole post bc 1) i am offended, and 2) i genuinely felt sad for you when kstate lost, even texted you my genuine sympathy--did i hear a word from you today when my team lost? nope. instead i find a blog GLAD my team lost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erica Lea, thank you so much for donating to our fundraiser! I noticed that you had commented on the second post of the fundraiser. Would you mind going back and commenting on the original Dreaming Big post here http://farleykids.blogspot.com/2011/04/dreaming-big.html so that you will be counted into the fundraiser. I want you to get your chance at winning a prize:) If you already have and I missed you I apologize. Thank you and have a Happy Easter! God bless!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete