Sunday, August 28, 2011

sunday evenings

lead to monday mornings.
and i like to be positive about monday mornings.
i usually have my best runs on monday mornings.
but i'm not gonna lie...
for the past few weeks
sunday evenings have brought with them
a certain level of anxiety.

and i've realized that I'm not much of an anxious person.
but when i do get anxious,
i ain't pretty.
just ask Rob.

to-do lists start forming at a rapid, uncontrollable rate.
i think of five things i should have done before leaving on thursday.
i lose precious sleep,
which stresses me out because i desperately need my sleep.
(this adds to the "it ain't pretty" I mentioned above.)
and...
well, you get the point.

don't get me wrong,
i love my job.
and i am really thankful for it.
but it's hard.
and some weeks are more difficult than others.
which was last week.

but...
God is showing up in the midst of it.
just like he always does.
and He's opening my eyes.

there are spiritual battles being
waged everyday. everywhere.
even at my job.
especially at my job.
I feel it.
in my spirit.
in my body.
I see it.
in my clients.
in my coworkers.

call me crazy.
but it's the Truth.

it is an honor that God
allows me to be on the front lines.
but I sometimes feel weary.

and now is one of those times.

just keepin' it real. ;)

so, if the Spirit leads.
and I pray that He leads.
pray for me this week.

this verse is my encouragement as i head into another manic monday,
and maybe it will encourage you, too:

"For God did not give us (me!) a spirit of timidity,
but a spirit of POWER, of LOVE, and of SELF-DISCIPLINE"


Sweet Jesus,
fill me up until I'm overflowing with your Spirit.
for-the-love-of-all-that-is-holy....
FILL.ME.UP.


No comments:

Post a Comment