Saturday, August 27, 2011

my husband rocks.


If I were to write a Top 10 For David Letterman, it would be

TOP TEN REASONS WHY BOBBY HAUDE ROCKS:

10. He makes me bacon and eggs every weekend morning. And helps with the dishes.
9. He gives great back rubs after I have a terrible week at work.
8. He is uber cheesy sometimes, which makes me smile.
7. He is the kindest, most patient man I know.
6. He loves children, no matter their race, intelligence level, disability, or specialty.
5. He is HOTT (yes, with TWO t's)....and he looks oh-so-fine when he is running and sweaty.
4. He is my favorite person to travel with and go on new adventures with.
3. He loves our family--all of them, all the time.
2. He loves Jesus and wants us to love Jesus well together.
1. He's mine. All mine :)

So, while we're celebrating the awesomeness that is my hubby,
let me tell you about what he's been up to lately.

He has been training for his first Triathlon.
and he is doing in to raise support for Autism Speaks.

He is passionate about Autism and the children/families that are affected by it.
see what I mean?
He's great, huh?!

Here's what he has to say about what he is doing:

There are 1 in every 110 children in the United States affected with Autism.
It is estimated that 1.5 million Americans may be affected with autism.

Autism Speaks has dedicated to funding research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for autism. Autism speaks also advocates for the needs of individuals with autism and their families.

I have signed up to do a triathlon for a cause and have chosen Autism Speaks because I see everyday how difficult it is for these children and parents to cope with the effects of this disorder. These children struggle to communicate and build meaningful relationships, yet they still have so much life and joy.


I feel that there is a great need for our society to become better educated around Autism. My prayer is that our society will see individuals with Autism as unique in their own right and not as people with some unknown disability.


Maybe you personally know someone affected by Autism.
Maybe you don't. yet.
Chances are you will someday.
donate now to support this great organization
and the children & families it helps.




Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Joanna and I just had a good cry reading your past. We all love u both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post not past! Oh well u know what I wanted to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree and Love You both!

    ReplyDelete