Friday, November 9, 2012

instaFriday

Linking up with Jeannett this week.
taking a look back at the week with pics from my phone.

last Friday evening I was busy finishing up details for the engagement party
and sara jo was working on details for a baby shower. 
lydia jane-never one to be left out-was busy typing a message. 
here she's saying "I text you."
(ps. those boots. seriously cute, right?!)


my lovely and charming cousin came to stay the night friday.
after 13 years of being the only girl cousin, she was finally born.
I am still excited she was born. 
she's pretty cool.
we made a little midnight ice cream run.
wendy's frosty are the best.
 the next morning Karli helped me bake 6 loaves of pumpkin bread. 
our house smelled soooooo delicious. 
and the bread turned out beautifully.


the weekend was crazy busy. 
seriously. cray-cray.
confession: we skipped church. 
I just needed to be alone. and in silence.
after a few hours of sitting in silence
I had to get all fancied up for the Presidential Leadership Scholars dinner. 
(ignore the spotted/dirty mirror please. ew)
we had 43 high school seniors on campus sunday/monday.
they were competing for a scholarship and a chance to be a Presidential Scholar.
big time stuff happening over here. :)
the weekend went really well and I actually had a lot of fun. 
even if I did have to put on a pencil skirt instead of sweats for my Sunday evening attire. 


even after the busyness that was our weekend, 
we found motivation to complete a house project on Monday evening. 
window coverings!!!!!
 these beauts are from west elm. 
it feels so nice to feel our bedroom start to come together again.

my husband. 
he cracks me up. 
so random.
when I got home he was still set on working out.
I talked him into doing Hip Hop Abs with me. 
("I've got moves you've never seen"--Name that movie. Anyone?)

 "tilt. tuck. tighten."
"this is Shaun T. I'm here for you."
ohmy. that guy.
the workout is entertaining. 
and you actually get a decent ab workout.
win-win. 

after our workout.
we headed to the Tabor caf to eat with friends 
and then watched the volleyball game. 
I got to hold this little guy. 
perfect way to end the day. 

also while at the volleyball game, 
I was asked to announce the women's basketball game on Wednesday night. 
they were desperate. 
i was nervous. 
but it actually went well and I had fun. 
and the girls won!


It was a great week. 
I'm thankful for people to share these moments with. 
and I'm looking forward to another really great weekend. 

enjoy!

















No comments:

Post a Comment