Tuesday, November 6, 2012

grateful

I'm feeling grateful today.

Maybe it is all the "30 Days of Thanksgiving" posts that are filling up my newsfeed these days.

Or maybe I was stirred by the kind email I got from an old friend today expressing his thanks.

Or maybe it is just that after a really jam-packed few days, I am quieting myself enough to reflect on the goodness that it all around me.

my heart swells with thanksgiving.

that my cousin is healing after a weekend spent in the hospital with very painful gallstones.

that I live close enough to celebrate the engagement of one of the women that I count most dear in this world.

for an office with a view of Tabor's beautiful campus. with a window that allows in the warm rays of sunshine on a chilly day.

for a husband that makes me dinner after a long day at work. who helps me set up for an event that he has no direct responsibility for. and who even helps me hang window drapes on a Monday evening. yes. Monday. when there is football on. he truly is one of my very greatest blessings. he's good to me beyond what I deserve.

that I get to be a part of what God is doing in the lives of others. that I get to witness growth and change. that others trust me with their deepest fears, their struggles, their hurts and their joys. that I get the privilege of knowing people deeply. of celebrating with them and helping carry their burdens. that others invite me to speak into their lives. I never want to take this for granted.

for my family. they support me. they pray for me. they love me even when I am difficult to love. I'm thankful that we enjoy spending time together and that we will all get to do just that in only 2 short weeks! 

and most deeply, I am thankful for my Jesus. who loves me beyond reason. who calls me back to Him and invites me to walk closely with Him each day. who gave His life so that I could live. who gives me peace and joy despite my circumstances.

good stuff.

I am grateful.

1 comment:

  1. and I'm grateful that I am fortunate to occupy the office next door. You are a delight and a blessing to many...including me!

    ReplyDelete