Saturday, March 26, 2011

my favorite month

March is my favorite month.
and yet I haven't even blogged ONE TIME this entire month.

kinda pathetic.
scratch that.
it's okay that I haven't posted.
i don't really have an excuse.
i just haven't.
and that is okay.
right?
:)

(I decided to give up GUILT for lent this year.
along with desserts & sweets
I realized that I begin a lot of phrases with "I should..."
and sometimes I need to just let myself be
can anyone else relate?)


anyway, I decided to break my fast this morning.
and to quickly summarize why I love March:

my birthday! celebrated #27 this year.

the beginning of spring. ahhhh, sunshine and warmer weather. it is good for my soul.

lent.
a season of preparing my heart and mind for Easter and the celebration of Jesus conquering death so that I could live. what ways to you practice lent?

spring break. which I no longer have, but I still appreciate for my husband's sake :).
this is one of those times when i think I should have been a high school English teacher. oh well.

March Madness! we have watched a.lot.of.basketball. my bracket is TERRIBLE this year and K-state broke my heart a little, but that games have been fun to watch. I'm just getting a little burned out of the TV being on. There is only 7 more games. And then we'll have to wait 7 more months for them to begin again. :)

and a special thing about this March,
is that we get to go to CALIFORNIA!
We haven't seen Rob's family since Thanksgiving.
It has been FAR too long and I can't wait to
meet little Hudson Haude,
wrestle with Jakers,
watch Gabriella and Melonie's first soccer game,
and spend hours laughing, crafting, talking, shopping,
and GOING TO DISNEY :)
I can't believe I almost forgot that we get to go to Disney!

Rob leaves Monday.
His dad will be there for two weeks,
on leave from Afghanistan.
I fly out Wednesday evening after work.
it will be so wonderful.
i dread how short it will feel,
but am thankful for time we do get.

i can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment