Thursday, September 2, 2010

foolishness

i've been slacking in the blogging department lately.

one time, i told my sis-in-law that I was going to blog Monday thru Friday...
like my blog idol, whatever.

that's the name of the blog.
and how i feel about my consistency with blogging.
whatev. :)

i could list some reasons why i haven't blogged
like I've been coughing for 10 days and not feeling well.
or i've been busy cleaning my house and making 3 course meals every night. HA!

but the truth is I've just been a bit lazy.
this working full time thing. whew.
i keep thinking I'm going to get better at the whole schedule thing.
and i guess I am. have. but still feel like there is more to do than I have time and/or energy for.

and i don't have kids. yet. yikes!
someday I will have kids.
and I'll figure out the balance when that change happens.
but for now I'm just trying to figure out the balance of working full time, being a wife, friend, etc.
my weeks are starting to have a rhythm to them. I like rhythm. :)

I also still like my job.
it is challenging. I have some really tough clients and families.
But God is so good and He is really opening up some doors and giving me good insight.
I have been able to connect with the girls and I see growth in them.
which is really cool.

wanna know something else that is cool?
yesterday I found out that there is another Christian therapist in the building.
In fact, the girl who told me she was a Christian said, "oh yeah! she really loves Jesus. a lot."

Just the way she said "She loves Jesus," got me thinking.
There is something about loving Jesus that feels different that saying, "I love God."
I know, I know. Jesus is God and God is Jesus.
But in our "all paths lead to heaven" society, God is politically correct. Or at least more politically correct than JESUS.

Talking about JESUS with someone who isn't a Christian is still really intimidating for me.
I can talk about God, especially God as the Creator, the Truth, Love.
But Jesus...well, that is just foolishness.

isn't it....

this morning I was reading in 1 Corinthians where Paul writes to the Christians at Corinth:

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God....For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength."
1 Corinthians 1: 18, 25


I get that. Honestly, I battle feeling like a fool often. Thinking that if people knew how much I loved Jesus they would think I was crazy.
ignorant.
judgmental.
weak.
silly.
weird.
strange.
Gosh, I don't know what they would think.
But I am not the first person to battle these feelings.
It was obviously an issue a couple thousand years ago when Paul was writing this letter.
And I found encouragement and confidence in Paul's words.

So this morning I prayed that I would be one big FOOL.
That I would embrace the foolishness of Christ.
And that God would give me the courage to live as Christ and love as Christ. all the time. in all I do.

wanna be a fool with me?
i think it's totally worth it.

1 comment:

  1. love you and love this blog! sign me to be a fool with you!

    ReplyDelete