Thursday, May 2, 2013

rollin' with it.

a few weeks ago we had a string of several really warm days.
and then the weather took a drastic turn and the temperatures once again plummeted.
on that cold morning, I remember thinking to myself:
What winter outfit would you like to wear one more time this year?
I carefully selected the sweater and boots,
thinking to myself that I would get one last good wear out of my favorite sweater before I packed it away for safe keeping.


HA. HA. HA.
Okay, joke is on me, Mother Nature.
I bet you think you're sooooo funny.


Because here I am, several weeks later,
wearing that very same outfit.
I have wool socks on today! WOOL!
and I wore my winter coat to work today.
with a cute beanie, I might add :)

why so bundled up, you ask?
because it looked like a full on BLIZZARD this morning when I was leaving for work.


am I happy about how cold it is?
nope.
can I control the weather?
not last time I checked.

so, like I used to tell one of my clients--who reeeaaaaaally struggled with accepting things that she couldn't control---
sometimes you just gotta roll with it.

and then, I'd do the "Rolling with the Homies" dance from Clueless. 
if you were not in middle school or high school during the mid 90's,
you probably have no idea what I'm talking about.
SO, for you viewing pleasure....


did it make you smile? 
it used to make D smile too. 
she be all worked up about how someone did something that she didn't like
and how she was gonna show that someone what she really thought about that something and on and on and on...
and then I'd start dancing.
and she'd start smiling.
and we'd talk about how to just roll with it.

 
so, today I'm rolling with it, homies :)
I'm rollin' with this crazy weather.
with my sweater, wool socks, boots, and a nice cup-o-tea.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment