Sunday, November 7, 2010

a weekend of my liking

by the time the weekend comes around
I usually feel like there is a list of things
I need to do.
I must get done.
I should clean the house, do the laundry, wash the dishes that have piled up all week.

those words: need. must. should.

yuck. just thinking them makes me feel more tired.

So, this weekend I spent a lot of time doing what I wanted.
On Friday, I went on a walk (in 70 degree weather!!!) with two incredibly beautiful friends.
We got ice cream after our walk and then went to Hobby Lobby to browse.

Then we had our dear friends, Ryan and Amanda, over for dinner.
We played Bananagrams, which is one of my favorite games, and caught up about life.
It was so great to laugh and connect with people we enjoy and relate to.

Saturday we did some more house hunting
(and found a house we really like...so please be praying we get it!)
and then my sweet husband went to THREE craft stores with me.
Michaels. Joanns. Hobby Lobby.
All in one day. I had 40% of coupons for ALL THREE. joy.

Then I came home and did some serious crafting.
I am officially started on our wedding scrapbook! woohoo!

So while I did spend a few hours cleaning,
And today I sorted through 7 loads of laundry,
and have loaded the dishwasher 3 times,
this weekend really did feel like a break.
It felt refreshing to talk, walk, eat, laugh, create, and just BE.
it was nice.
very very nice.
a sabbath rest in the midst of some really full weeks.

and in a couple hours, I'll be back in the crazy world I call work.
I praise God for my job.
and for the opportunities I have to love others.
but in this moment, I'm especially praising Him for this weekend of rest.

amen.

2 comments:

  1. Ryan and I also had such a great time with you and Rob on Friday evening! Thanks for having us over! Let's hang out again soon! So excited to hear that you found a house you really like! Can't wait to hear more! We are praying! We love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you got some time to relax do what you wanted to do. Yay for crafting. I see you TOMORROW!!

    ReplyDelete