Monday, May 24, 2010

two years.

A few months ago the hubby asked me
(as I was avoiding a paper by perusing blogland)

"Do you think you'll ever start a blog?"

"Maybe when I'm done with grad school," I said.

i wonder how many times this was my response
in the past two years?

Do you want to join a book club?
when i'm done with school.
Do you want to learn to sew?
maybe when i'm done with school
Have you finished your wedding album? uh, or even started?
well, you get the picture.

well, friends, I am done.
yes.
done!

it would be easy to for me to focus on the things that I could have been doing during the past two years. the ways that I feel like I "missed out" but why would I want to waste my time with such thoughts....and it would be a lie.

sure, the past two years have required sacrifice, hard work, and perseverance.
we have had to budget financially and balance time and energy like crazy.
but we have GAINED much.
I have grown.
My incredible, supportive, patient, encouraging, fun, kind husband has grown.
our marriage has grown.

we have learned so much in the past two years. about ourselves, marriage, God, careers, Colorado, family, communication, being honest, vulnerable. we have learned how to be patient, love deeper, make joint decisions...i could go on and on.

we have grown. and that is SO GREAT to me.
Our first two years of marriage has been it's own kind of adventure.

and when I think of my hubby,
i can't imagine someone else who I would have rather spent the last two years with.
i feel so blessed. almost giddy.

happy 2 year anniversary, babe.
you seriously are the best. seriously.
thanks for being my partner in this crazy thing called life.
i pray we find the adventure in all our days.
i love you.
today and forever.


4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world!! Love your first post!!! Congratulations on 2 years of marriage and graduation from school. You have many reasons to celebrate!!

    And it's weird that that blog button is there. Mine is up in the top left corner of the page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, anne! it definitely feels like a season of celebration.
    i'm gonna see if my bro-in-law can help with the button deal...weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! (I love that we share an anniversary) :)
    And good job starting a blog.
    I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your blog, looking forward to keeping up with you guys.Love tohear from you, glad that you are happy, everyday has so much worth. enjoy every one.
    Love you Dad

    ReplyDelete