Friday, September 30, 2011

i heart adoption



i really love being with family.
rob and i both do.
nothing is quite like being fully known and fully loved.

which is why i grieve so much for the people/kids i work with that don't have this.
who either don't have family.
at all.
or who have families that hurt and harm.
breaks my heart.
literally.

and it breaks God's heart, too.
I believe that God is passionate about family.

God wants us to be known and loved,
and I believe that He designed families for that purpose.
but since earthly families fail,
God reminds us that we are adopted into His family
as HIS children.

this is something that I have been meditating on a lot lately.

In Hebrews there is a lot of language about "adoption"
and being brothers and sister through Jesus.
and it is just beautiful.
and causes hope to swell within me.

i want people to know Jesus.
i want them to know they have a family.
no matter what.
whether that is biological.
or adopted.
physical.
or spiritual.

family matters.
adoptions matters.

I am adopted by God,
and I want to be an advocate for adoption each and every day.

I have heard by some that they don't believe anyone
could ever love adopted children as much as biological children.
I sure hope that is not the truth.
I believe that God loves me just as much as He loved His own son,
or why else would He have let His son die for ME (and for you, too!)?

i have no idea what God plans to do in my (our) life in this area,
but I want to always be open to it.

i think that adoption is a beautiful
(read: difficult, scary, hard, challenging, rewarding, terrifying, exciting)
adventure.

p.s. I really have no idea why this has been on my mind & heart lately. but God does. and I am His. and my blog is His. so....yeah....that's all I got :)


No comments:

Post a Comment